An Andrews Receptionist is responsible for representing Andrews Distributing in a positive and professional manner when greeting and interacting with visitors and handling internal and external phone calls. This position will also provide administrative support to executive staff with office management responsibilities.
An Andrews Receptionist can be expected to perform the following tasks in this role:
- Answers all incoming calls, determines purpose of calls, and forward calls to appropriate person or department.
- Takes and relay messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Handles caller’s inquiries about the company and provides callers with address, directions and other information.
- Re-directs calls as appropriate and takes adequate messages when required.
- Greets visitors appropriately, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains security by following procedures to include monitoring visitor logbook and issuing badges.
- Oversees the distribution of incoming and outgoing mail to include receive, sort, distribute and prepare outgoing mail for pick-up or courier.
- Opens sorts and scans all incoming payables invoices (by mail and email) into Accounts Payable Imaging software.
- Sorts, stuffs, and mails all outgoing checks and Accounts Receivable statements.
- Maintains conference room schedules and notifications.
- Maintains reception area clean and organized.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to executive assistants as necessary.
- In the absence of the Executive Assistant, the receptionist will backfill and perform the essential duties of that role, as necessary or required.
- Confidentiality is of the utmost importance in this position.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This list is not all inclusive of other tasks and subtasks that may be necessary in performing this role, but rather an overview of the role’s primary work tasks.
Education and Professional Experience
Physical Requirement and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent certificate.
- MS Office suite software.
- A Must have 3 years receptionist experience.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time in a normal office environment.
May have to do some light lifting of office supplies and materials from time to time
Schedule Monday thru Friday 7:00am - 4:00pm
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive compensation package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, 401k and Bank of Days(Holidays & Vacation) under the terms of Andrews Distributing Co.’s benefits plan and policies.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications