Route Driver Assistant (Support)
|Title:||Route Driver Assistant (Support)|
TITLE: Route Driver Assistant Support
JOB FAMILY: Delivery
Close Date 12/31/2013 Now Hiring!
|Route Driver Assistant Support
||Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
Develops schedules and task people accordingly.
Gets more done in less time.
||Makes good decisions based upon data analysis, experience, judgment and wisdom.
Learns quickly when facing new problems.
Looks beyond the obvious to find the best solution.
||Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
|Managing Work Processes
||Identifies the processes necessary to get things done.
Delivers the highest-quality products and services which meet the needs of all customers.
|Drive For Results
||Can be counted on to achieve goals successfully.
Consistently drives for improved results.
||Able to clearly and succinctly deliver in a variety of presentation settings.
|Caring About Others
||Genuinely cares about people and demonstrates real empathy.
Achieve work/life balance.
- Assure the highest standard of service is provided to all assigned accounts.
- Help the entire Andrews team work together to maximize the partnership with the customer.
- Assist with deliveries to all scheduled accounts in accordance to Customer Service Guidelines.
- Stock all windows, coolers hot shelves in retail accounts.
- Learn all job duties and responsibilities of the driver.
- Monitor the appearance and condition of all equipment and vehicles.
- Obey all applicable driving and safety regulations.
- Adhere to all federal, state, and local regulation regarding sales and merchandising of malt beverages and beer.
- Maintain company vehicle in proper condition.
Must be physically capable of performing under the following conditions:
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Must be deemed medically fit for the position in accordance with the Department of Transportation regulated medical evaluation and physical.
- Must successfully complete a position specific Human Performance Evaluation as mandated by Company policy.
- Must be able to lift/carry various products from delivery truck onto storage departments in clients business. Requires vertically and horizontally transferring various products weighing up to 10-60 pounds from 2 - 48 inches and a distance of 10 feet without any mechanical assistance.
- Must be able to push/pull a dolly with various products requiring a force of 10-15 pounds to a distance of 500 feet.
- Must be able to reach down and lift multiple times at a customer location. Requires repetitive bending to and lifting from a point of 2 inches from the ground/floor up to 50 times per hour to secure appropriate delivery products.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Requires tolerance of standing up to 4 hours continuously per shift.
- Must tolerate working environment with inside/outside ambient/extreme temperatures.
- Requires (near/far/depth/color) vision to identify products, materials, machine controls, etc.
- Must be able to walk various distances within the facility.
- Requires walking up to 3 miles per shift.
- Must be able to repeatedly push/pull a dolly while ascending/descending stairs carrying a load of up to 175 pounds.
- Must be able to climb into and out of a tractor trailer utilizing steps up to 20 inches from ground level, up to 50 inches at cab level up to 50 times per shift.
- Must be able to repeatedly retrieve product from storage bays at heights from 22-54 inches from ground level up to 50 times per shift.
Possesses skills in the following key areas:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Ability to develop credibility and rapport with people at all levels of the company and customers.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Prefer 1 year beer or related industry experience.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends.(Schedule subject to change)
- Heavy lifting required.
- Required: Current Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Minimum Age 18
Listing is a generalization subject to change.
POST OFFER PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL EXAMINATIONS
Your safety is our number one concern. Applicants applying for positions requiring physical activity must undergo a medical examination, human performance evaluation and drug screen performed at the Company’s expense by a physician or clinic of the Company’s choice. Employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of the medical examination, human performance evaluation and drug screen. All applicants for employment must undergo a drug screen at the Company’s expense.
As a condition of employment and assignment of job duties, the satisfactory completion of a medical examination is used to determine the ability of a Team Member to perform the essential functions of the position.
Applicant’s applying for positions requiring the operation of any type of motorized vehicle, must successfully undergo a medical examination and meet the standards outlined in 49 CFR 391.41 and qualify for a 2 year certificate.
As a result of a medical examination, all ability to perform decisions will be job-related, consistent with business necessity and based upon the performance of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation as required by law.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications