Off Premise Merchandiser
|Title:||Off Premise Merchandiser |
|Department:||Off Premise Department|
TITLE: Off Premise Merchandiser
JOB FAMILY: Sales
Close Date 12/31/2013 Accepting Applications Only
|ANDREWS DISTRIBUTING CO. CORE VALUES
||FAMILY & HEALTH
|ANDREWS DISTRIBUTING CO. LEADERSHIP COMMITMENTS
|Job Core Competencies
||Understands the model market and corresponding solutions for the account.
Surveys the account and gathers important information on opportunities.
|Planning & Organization
||Follows schedules and tasks to meet objectives and goals.
Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
||Proactively communicates with team members to ensure they are aware of opportunities, issues, or discrepancies.
Goes above and beyond the orders of the day.
||Maintains a two-way dialog with others on work and results.
Can tailor recommendations to appeal to the listener.
||Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
Acts with the customer in mind.
Gains customer trust and respect.
Uses customer information to improvements in products and services.
||Able to clearly and succinctly deliver in a variety of presentation settings.
Proactively communicates successes and issues.
||Genuinely cares about people and demonstrates real empathy.
Creates strong team spirit.
- Minimizes time, and maximizes results, on each account visit through preparation and organization.
- Takes ownership for the activities within the account.
- Maintains a strong work ethic.
- Effectively communicates with the customer, the account manager and other members of the Andrews team.
- Able to gain support and commitment from others around an idea or action.
- Recognizes the importance of the merchandiser role in building a strong partnership with the customer and Andrews.
- Takes pride in the account’s growth and profitability.
- Works collectively with other members of the Andrews team.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Executes activities for the account.
- Assists in timely and proper product replenishment.
- Identifies cross merchandising opportunities and pairings with Andrews’ portfolio.
- Tailor work standards to appeal to the customer.
- Is visible to the customer.
- Works with speed and accuracy to ensure the account needs are met.
- Seeks and listens to feedback.
- Communicates in a professional manner.
- Effectively build relationships with customers and Andrews team.
Possesses knowledge in the following key areas:
- Brands including products and packages.
- Andrews Portfolio (DISC)
- IT tools including handhelds
- Model Markets
- Backroom procedures for each account
- Brand and Andrews’ standards
Must be physically capable of performing under the following conditions:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be deemed medically fit for the position in accordance with the Department of Transportation regulated medical evaluation and physical.
- Must successfully complete a position specific Human Performance Evaluation as mandated by Company policy.
- Must be able to lift/carry various products from storage departments onto store refrigerator department. Requires vertically and horizontally transferring various products weighing up to 10-60 lbs from 2 -48 inches and a distance of 10 feet without any mechanical assistance.
- Must be able to push/pull grocery cart with various products requiring a force of 10-15 pounds to a distance of 500 feet.
- Must be able to reach down and lift multiple times at a customer location. Requires repetitive bending to a point of 2 inches from the floor up to 50 times an hour to secure appropriate delivery products.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Requires tolerance of a standing posture up to 4 hours continuously throughout an 8 hour shift.
- Must tolerate working in an environment with inside/outside ambient/extreme temperatures.
- Requires (near/far/depth/color) vision to identify products, materials, machine controls, etc.
- Must be able to walk various distances within the facility. Requires walking up to 3 miles in an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to repeatedly push/pull a grocery cart while carrying a load of up to 175 lbs.
- Must be able to repeatedly climb onto and off a 20 inch platform from ground level up.
- Must be able to repeatedly retrieve product from storage bays at heights from 22-64 inches from ground level up to 50 times in an 8 hour shift.
- Current Valid Texas Driver License required.
- Heavy lifting required.
- High standard of professional attitude and appearance.
- Strong work history.
- Schedule will vary , Tuesday thru Saturday & Sunday thru Thursday (Subject to change)
- Minimum Age 18
Listing is a generalization subject to change.
POST OFFER PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL EXAMINATIONS
Your safety is our number one concern. Applicants applying for positions requiring physical activity must undergo a medical examination, human performance evaluation and drug screen performed at the Company’s expense by a physician or clinic of the Company’s choice. Employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of the medical examination, human performance evaluation and drug screen. All applicants for employment must undergo a drug screen at the Company’s expense.
As a condition of employment and assignment of job duties, the satisfactory completion of a medical examination is used to determine the ability of a Team Member to perform the essential functions of the position.
Applicant’s applying for positions requiring the operation of any type of motorized vehicle, must successfully undergo a medical examination and meet the standards outlined in 49 CFR 391.41 and qualify for a 2 year certificate.
As a result of a medical examination, all ability to perform decisions will be job-related, consistent with business necessity and based upon the performance of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation as required by law.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications